Friday, July 30, 2010

Travel

Sometimes I feel like I don't have any topic to blog about. When I'm not blogging, I thought of a topic and then forget about it when I am about to blog. So now I will just blog about my travel history.

1996 - Family went to Medan then Australia then Bali. All by tour. I don't remember much because I was only 7. I only remembered my dad rented a car in Australia and we few kangaroos and touched kola and also went to under water world.

In Medan

A kangaroo in Australia. Film cameras capture nicer pictures than digital camera because i think it doesn't use pixels

Bali


1997 - Me, my sis n mum went to China, Shenzhen by tour then Hong Kong. It wasn't very cold in China or Hong Kong. I think it's during autumn. I also don't remember much. In China, we went to miniature world. Got like Leaning Tower of Pisa, Mount Rushmore, The Pyramid and much more. It's called Shenzen window of the world. I also remembered my mum bought peaches in Hong Kong and it look so nice and didn't even get to eat it because the airport don't allow us to carry it.




1998 - Me, my sis n mum went to Thailand. I think my family went to Phuket and Bangkok by tour. I remember watching 'Aqua Show' which is a show where transexual perform (man change to women. It's acceptable there). The women were very pretty and that is when I learnt about breast implants. I asked my mum. At Phuket, there were people who are strapped to the speed boat and they are on this plying thing. When the speed boat moves, they will fly.

Aqua show



1999 - Didn't travel overseas. So sad. Me, my sis n mum went to Penang for 10 days with my mum, sis and friend. We stayed in my uncle's house.


2000 - I think my family went to Thailand by train. I remembered being at KL Sentral but don't know why we were there. I think my family took train to Thailand twice. This must be the second time.


2001 - Didn't go overseas because my mum was scared because of 9/11.


2002 - Family went to Korea by tour. 1st time experiencing winter but no snow. Went skiing too. Was very cold because only wore winter jacket but no sweater. Haha. Food there is very not Malaysian taste and very hard to eat. Korean food in Malaysia is nothing like in Korea ok. People here can say Korean food is ok wat, but the real Korean food is damn different. Things there are very expensive too and no1 speaks English.

If you're wondering, my hair is so big because I haven't start doing rebonding and don't comment!!

My sis eating kimchi. Very sour


2003 - Went to China by tour, the tour package says Shanghai. Shanghai is the main attraction. Went with family and family friend's family. Shanghai is so damn different than other places in China. It's so high class. The hotel room heater actually works because it us a reputable state in China. Shanghai is really cold because it is near the sea. Taxi drivers in Shanghai wear vest and tie.



2004 - My family went to China by tour again. Those of you better not complain so much about Malaysia. In China, all the jobs that Malaysians don't want to work as that are taken by foreign workers, are taken by the Chinese in China. Waitress here is so a part time job but in China, it's a job for mothers, not young ladies or young men after school. Transit in Macau. In this tour, got 2 touist nuns also. They travel together with the group but not go visit temple and stay in temple.



2005 - Family went to Ho Chih Minh, South Vietnam during 1 of the school breaks, not December break. Weather there is hot but not as hot as KL. Shopping there is nice and the food there also nice. They even have wan tan mee. There can shop for lecquer painting and some purse stuff. Very cheap. 1 purse can cost US$1.

Alot of motorbikes there. Traffic jam is motorbike traffic jam, not cars.


2006 - Didn't go anywhere for holiday because the next year going 2 places.

2007 (Jan) - Family went to China in January with my family. Not by tour. Finally. With family friends as well. Went Gongzhou shopping but it was all winter wear. Dim Sum originate from Gongzhow, China not Hong Kong. People there speak Cantonese, at least easier to understand that pure China chinese. Went on 3 day tour in China with China poeple. Poeple there are so rude and I serisouly don't know how KL can be the rudest city in the world. Then went to visit my grandmother's relatives in the province. Not a very nice experience la. Don't want talk about it. My dad didn't go province because he needs to leave early because of work and take care of the dogs. After province, stayed a night in Macau because Air Asia only fly to Macau that time. Macau perfumes so cheap. Sold in Sasa and Watsons summore.

This structure looks nice


Macau


2007 (Mar) - Family went to Hanoi, North Vietnam. So nice. We stayed in Old Quarters and walk walk walk there. It's a tourist area la. Bought same kind of things. We stayed 1 night in the junk (Vietnamese ship) which is so not worth. Let me tell you, just take a day tour because there was no water to bathe of brush teeth. The model ship there damn cheap. The tiny size only US$1 and the big ones, like half my body tall is like US$10.

Halong Bay. The ship is called a junk


2008 - Dad no more working so never go anywhere.

2009 - Went to Pulau Perhentian with Sarah. Only I went la. Snorkeling the whole time and I don't have underwater casing so not much pics. Only 3 days trip la, join MMU Melaka trip. It's organized by a club and they join a tour group. Very good la, they provide each of us a few bottles of mineral water and food and accommodation. Took like 9 hours in the bus from Melaka to Terengganu. There can wear bikini. The whole trip only cost RM350. Me, my sis n my mum drove to Melaka for day trip then drop me off for the Perhentian trip. After the trip, stayed at friend's place in Melaka a night then next day my dad came and pick me up to go home.

Sarah and I


2010 (May) - I went to Kota Kinabalu with Sarah and Adrian. 1st time in East Malaysia. I was in KK airport once when transit from Korea to Malaysia so not really counted la, since only stayed in the airport. We booked the RM0 air fare. We only paid a total of RM12 airport tax. Stayed at backpackers place. So nice that place. No tv in the room which is a good thing because don't feel so confined in the room and I'm ok with common toilet because it's clean and hostel only have common toilet. Stayed there for 5 days. Way toooooo long. So boring there, can walk everywhere or take bus, which is only a short distance. Things there more expensive than Peninsular Malaysia. Since we were so bored, we went to watch movie and go shopping. Seafood there ok la. Didn't eat full blast la (no money to eat that much).

Mount Kinabalu Park

So that is my travel story. From the pics above, you can tell some of the pics are from so long ago, mainly by the fashion. hahah. The fashion last time is really not nice. You also can see how much the fashion has changed and how advanced cameras are nowdays.

1 comment:

  1. Wow great stories and pictures! You're very lucky to have traveled so much looks like it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete