Sunday, August 8, 2010

My all time favorite songs

My all time, no 1 favourite song is John Meyer's Daughters. I just love that song. My sis told me that song had won best song of the year once. The song is just so simple. The background is just a guitar playing. The song is just so simple and the lyrics is so meaningful. He really appreciates daughters who will become mothers

My another favourite song is Jason Mraz's Lucky and You and I Both. I like Lucky because it's a very 'light' song. The background is not too loud and overpowering. The background is very gentle and the song is so sweet. I can play this song on the piano and guitar but I obviously play it much better on the piano.

You and I Both has a very happy melody yet a little romantically sad. It's also such a sweet song. The song is about 'you and I both loveeeeeeeeeee'. I also like this song because he really sings about himself with someone. All Jason Mraz's songs background is not too loud or overpowering. The background music is just an accompaniment. This shows he can sing well. Some bands/singers rely on the background music to make them sound good.

Next, going on to classical songs. I don't know why instrumental songs that were composed 100 years and more ago is called classical songs. My all time favourite 'classical' song is Chopin's Nocturne in E-flat major, Opus 9, no. 2. This song is actually in the Romantic period. I love this song because I feel there are words in this song but actually there are no words in this song. This song has alot of feelings and emotions. I can play this song on the piano but only 3/4. The last page of this song is harder to play and I'm lazy to practice.

I'm so happy I actually have this song (not made-easy version). I hate made-easy version of songs because it's so easy I can just sight read the song, Sight reading means immediately playing the song without practicing the particular song.

This song was featured in a movie called The Eddie Duchin Story, It's about a pianist who obviously is very good and went into depression. It's a very old movie, like in the 50's. I came across this movie while watching tv at home. It's a nice movie but very sad. This movie modify the song and it sounds real good. The original song sounds good too.

This is the video of the Chopin song by Yundi-Li. He's from China but he stop performing. I envy those pianist who can play so well because they are trained. It seems so effortless when they play. Unlike me, I feel so tension and stress when I play because so many things are going on at once.


This is the Eddie Duchin version which sounds more modern than the original:


So what's your favourite song?

No comments:

Post a Comment