Saturday, August 14, 2010

Facial

Ok, I always do facial, like once a week but nearing to exam, there's no time for that. This week I did facial twice. For my daily cleanser, I use Bio-Essence Deep Cleanser with Pine Pollen. I used to use the almost the same one but without Pine Pollen. I think my previous cleanser is no more selling. My current cleanser is very good because it feels clean and it does not tighten your skin at all.
Above: Price is less than RM 20 each. Price is different depending on sale or where you buy.

I used to use Clearasil Cleanser with Moisturizer. At first when I used it, it was good and clean. After a few bottles, it doesn't feel so clean anymore so I switch to Bio-Essence. My mum recommend my sis the Bio-Essence Face Essence like that. It's an anti-aging youth serum with Pine Pollen (around RM70). It's real good and it's like oil-base but it doesn't feel oily after that. My sister's skin improved alot after using it so she bought the whole set which is cleanser, toner and the youth serum. So I obviously tried her cleanser and it's really good. So now me and my sis are using the same cleanser.

I also notice for teens or pre-teens who are developing pimples and always have breakouts, they should use tea tree oil. It really is effective for people who just start having pimples. I am so lucky to start having pimples at 11 and by 14, I don't have much pimples anymore. But obviously I often have breakouts because the school is so hot and dirty.

When I was 16, I used Loreal Pure Zone cleanser and toner (less than RM20 each). The cleanser is the one with micro-beads. The toner is really, really strong. Alot of alcohol and it really cleans. Sadly, it's no more selling because it is so strong, it cannot be used in the long run. I think I used this cleanser for like 4 years. In the end, my face became dry. Teenagers skin can stand strong cleanser more (I feel). As we age, our skin gets dryer. I'm not saying that I'm that old but my skin gets dry from certain cleansers now.

For the toner, I'm currently using Clearasil. Toner takes forever to finish. This toner I don't think it's really good. It does not have effect on my skin but I still have to finish it up. I use this cleanser because my 2 previous cleanser is Clarasil. After this, I'm going to use Bio-Essence. I actually don't see much effect of the toner but after switching to Clearasil toner, my face don't feel so nice.

Above: Toner (less than RM20) and trusty moisturizer (less than RM15 i think)

For moisturizer, the best so far is Clean and Clear Moisturizer. This takes longer than toner to finish. It's so good. I only use this at night, after toning. When you wake up the next day, your skin feels so smooth. Even 1 of my friend start using this moisturizer after trying mine. Most people will think it's such a not good range of face care but only the moisturizer is good. The cleanser and toner is not good. I've been using this for 10 years.

Ok, here is my typical facial routine:

1. Wash face with St Ives Apricot Scrub, Invigorating (Around RM20+). It's cheap and good and can be used on the body as well.


2. Steam face. I use the steam iron that you see in boutiques to steam my face. I will also use a towel to cover my head and the iron so that the steam will be directed to your face. If you don't have that, you can always boil water and put your face on top of the boiling water and use a towel to cover your face and the water to trap the steam. Steam your face until it feels wet. I will take less than 5 minutes.

3. I will press out all my pimples and clear all my pores by using the 'pimple stick' and by using my fingers. Remember to wrap your fingers with tissue or else your face will be so red and colourful.
Important parts to clear:
a)the sides of your nose (use pimple stick),
b)between your eyebrows (use pimple stick),
c)your whole nose (use fingers),
d)your cheeks (scrape the pimple stick along your cheeks. Yes it sounds weird but your cheeks are real smooth after that. My mum did for me before)

4. Rinse your face to remove all impurities and to soothe your skin after it's bruised from pressing and towel dry.

5. Use face mask. I usually put for 30 minutes. My mum say you can put it overnight but your pillow will have all the face mask flakes if you use clay mask. My friends all told me that it's no good to leave on the mask too long because the dirt will go back into your skin. For face mask, I use Amway deep pore cleansing mask. I also like to buy packet mask. There's where all my money goes to. My favourite packet mask the Pink Kiss Mud Mask. Pink Kiss have alot of range and all of them are good. You can find it from Sasa or Gueardian or Watsons. I'm currently using mushy mask. It's clay mask and it contains rice starch which my friend told me that it can tighten your pores (not permanantly of course). You can experiment any face mask you want in the market to find which suits you best. I haven't tried all the face mask I wanted but I've tried alot.
Powder mask. Just add water and mix and apply on face. Contains kaolin, rice starch, talc, sodium alginate, glycyrrhiza. Can be used for like 5 times or more but it's very dry, cannot use more than once a week. RM6.90 from Sasa
Types of face mask:
a) Clay mask : when it's wet, it's creamy and not transparent. It cleanses the most especially Amway deep pore cleansing mask (no1 best mask I've used). Not good for dry skin because it dries up skin
Face mask from Amway. RM60+

b) Peel-off mask: cleanses skin as well but not as harsh as clay mask. Skin will be left not dry. Just like usual. It also can pull out some impuritiesRm 4.90 from Sasa, Guardian or Watsons

c) Sheet mask: does not cleanse for me. This mask has a totally different effect from clay and peel off mask. Your face feels so moist and hydrated. Your skin feels sooooooo nice but not so clean. It feels so supple and bouncy when you tap your cheeks.

6. Tone and moisturize.

So that is my usual facial routine. Sounds like so much things to do but it's actually not much. I just wrote alot. Most importantly, use all facial products on your neck as well. My daily routine is just cleanse 3 times a day and tone and moisturize at night. Hope you have a nice skin day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment