Monday, December 13, 2010

My mid term break

For my mid term break, Sarah came down from Melaka to celebrate her 21st birthday. We went to Frontera in Jaya One. They serve Tex Mex food and they have habanero wings. I soooooo want to try habanero ever since watching so many episodes of Man vs Food. But obviously the habanero here are not spicy eventhough I ordered super spicy. They range from regular spicy, super spicy and inferno. I bet the shop didn't use much habanero because it's expensive here. It's not as spicy as cili padi and it still cannot beat the chilli I ate in Bandung. That chilli was sooooooooo spicy. It's more like the spicy where you will cough before eating. 1 drop of it and it's flaming hot.

Next, I also went to Masjid India to buy some sewing supplies and some cloth to practice sewing. I can conclude that I rather buy clothes because I am sooooo impatient that I never take time to measure and my clothes come out so out of shape. I still don't know how to sew stretchable fabric. I actually have the ball point needle at home to sew stretchable fabric. I was like an idiot going everywhere in Malaysia asking for ball point needle. I bet people here don't care what needle they use at all.

Besides that, I also made custard puff with my sis and another time alone. It's not a very good idea to do it alone because it's sooo damn tiring and no one helps you to clean up. OMGGG. It was real tiring. My baking tray was so small and I had to bake 4 rounds.

I only managed to workout only twice during the holidays because I was so damn lazy. I sleep so much in the day and I sleep through my workout session. I must go swimming when I'm free.

Now, sem starts but I have no class on Monday so I took this day to do my assignments. I only remembered about my assignment like last night. Thank god my friend posted it in FB if not I will totally forget about it. Now I'm halfway through it and it's killing me. I have to summarize a 30 page article into 500 words. I better continue my assignment

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for the write up on Frontera.

    I would like to highlight that we are Frontera, not Frontero :)

    Also, we do not stinge on our Habanero chili, just that different people have different tolerance level to chili.

    Super Spicy is the least spicy of the Habanero Hot Wings. If you want a really spicy deal, go for the Inferno :)

    Below are other blogs on our Habanero Hot Wings:
    1. http://criticalwithoutcooking.blogspot.com/2010/11/frontera-sol-of-mexico-jaya-one.html
    2. http://jordantan.com/2010/06/pats-birthday-lunch-frontera-bar-grill-jaya-one/
    3. http://www.kimberlycun.com/2009/09/07/an-unusual-dinner-at-frontera-jaya-one/

    Have a nice day ahead.

    Cheers,

    Ramesh
    p/s if you ever go to Frontera again, you can ask the server for a whole Habanero chili, if you want to test it's potency :)

    ReplyDelete