Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How to make pillow case

Nowdays I really like sewing. I went to Masjid India to buy some sewing stuff. In the end mydin has the cheapest sewing stuff but you have to buy so many at once and they obviously don't have everything. I still think the sewing shop near my house has alot of things. So I bought some sewing accessories and some material. The best part is that I can't find ball point needle. In the end, I found out there are 2 ball point needles in my house. Haih. I'll just buy from ebay.

These are the materials I bought from Kamdar in Masjid India (the cloth doesn't come with the black elastic. the elastic is RM3 per meter). The cloth are RM2.80 per meter and I bought 2 meter each.






























Now back on how to sew pillow case.


Measure the pillow case according to another existing pillow case and cut off all the edges so it will be 2 seperate pieces of cloth. You can keep the bottom of the pillow case uncut if you cut it that way.






Fold in and hem the edges that is marked in black. The longer piece is to tuck in the pillow so that the pillow doesn't slip out.









Next, fold in the long piece of material into the inside of the pillow case like so (look at the right side, not the left because the fan blew the material at the left side)








Next, sew the raw edges of the material on the outside of the pillow case (the part where you will sleep on). I do this because I like french seam and I don't have a serger.




After this, turn the pillow case inside out then sew the seams but of course more inside than the previous one. 
You can just sew the inside part of the pillow case to make your life easier. Youtube what is French seam because I won't explain it.






Finally, turn your pillow case inside out then tadaaa!!!! A pillow case. Simple as that but I still took 2 hours because there were so many mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment