Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sugaring

Last weekend, I tried to make sugar to sugar my hair from my body. Sugaring is a technique where sugar is used to remove hair. There's 2 techniques to use this sugar. For both technique, apply some powder before using. 1st technique is the sugar heated up a little to and applied to skin and used like waxing.

The next technique is called ball technique. I've been using this technique because I don't have cloth. A ball of sugar is used. 1 video said knead the sugar for 5 minutes before using. Knead until the sugar is no more transparent. But you can do it without kneading though. Hold the ball of sugar with your finger tips and apply it on your skin on the opposite direction of your hair growth. You have to apply it a few times to get a thin even layer. Then, pull off all the sugar with the remaining sugar on your finger tips in the direction of your hair growth. It's quite hard to master it and I don't think you really understand what I'm talking about. You should just watch the video.

When I use the ball technique, I don't know why I can't use it for my whole body. The sugar becomes like caramel and not transparent and gooey. It can stick but when you pull it out, there's a trail of sugar and it's quite hard to sugar. I've just watched more youtube videos, I hold the sugar with 2 fingers and pull it out. The sugar is suppose to stick to your finger tips and use the remaining sugar on your finger tips and pull the sugar off your skin. Takes practice.

The sugar is easy to cook. It's just 1 unit of sugar, 1/8 unit of lime/lemon/orange juice and 1/8 unit of water. I used 1 cup sugar, 1/8 cup lime juice and 1/8 cup water. Most youtube videos uses 2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup water.

I suggest you read some and watch a few youtube videos before making the sugar. Took me forever and many tries to get it right. Even now my sugar is not right. It's overcooked and too brown and hard (keras).

My sugaring is not very effective because I've altered the recipe abit because I reboil it so many times, I added some water. But it's still fine. I can say the sugar I made is quite effective because the hair really cabut out but there are some that are so stubborn that cannot come off.

I watched some home videos and some beauty salon videos. Both are the same. Here's the videos on how to make the sugar and 1 on how to use it on your body.





No comments:

Post a Comment