Friday, October 22, 2010

How to manage your account

This post is more for uni or college students like me. As you know, I'm studying accounting so I can't hide from being called an accounting nerd. I actually call people that eventhough I myself am one. For my expenditure, I use Microsoft Excel because I can create my own layout that suits me. I use journal entry and post the cash balance, food spending, shopping spending and bank balance (all of them are cumulative so that the last amount of food spending or shopping for the week is the total amount spent on food or shopping) at the right side of my journal entry. I draw another table for those parallel to the journal entries.

There's another website which enables you to keep track of your expenditure (spendings). The website is www.spendingprofile.com. I know this website from Dori because she wanted to keep track of her spending using microsoft excel but she used this website instead. This website is obviously much easier to use but I prefer my own way of keeping track of my expenditure.

Obviously there is an easier way to do this like how 1 of my friend does is to take your allowance and deduct all your expenditure like simple maths in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment